Friday, January 18, 2008

SAY IT AINT SO JOHNNY GO

I saw something today that finally got me back on the ole blog thing. As ridiculous as it may seem I actually went on the "recent upgrades" tab on NCNCA to see who I would (and wouldn't) be racing with/against this year. Yes, I guess road racing season is upon us.

THERE IT IS all official and everything Johnny GoFast 4 to 3 RD - heaven help all those way to serious Cat 3s who think the secret to success is a SRM/iBike "laptop on the handlebars" system to track every peddle stroke. The newly minted Wells Fargo Racing Team definitely will be in full jovial mode this year.

Top Items Since I Last Bloggered

Shane (Idaho) Litzen.............. made a special appearance at a team ride. For those of you who don't know Shane -he's taken 2nd overall in the Mt. Diablo Challenge and dropped the hammer on all us HOP riders in years past - more importantly he's one of the nicest guys around. I hate to say it, but how many kingpin riders will sit mid pack and talk for fifteen minutes to the 40-something hack - Shane was infamous for that on the Thursday night ride.

Although poorly publicized - Wells Fargo Pat M won the Thanksgiving day world championships. Even better _ I dragged my brother out on the ride - yes he made it, but when he showed up at the shop to head home he gave me on of those looks and said "here's my keys, you ride home and come pick me up" - I'm sure he'll be back next year.

As for me - I've been a bit hobbled as of yet, but am on the mend and coming back - it is a bit painful to do the usual rides and be limited to sit in the pack .

Until Next Time - Stay Safe!!!

Mr. Vomonster

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.