Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Great White



Tooling around with the kids this weekend while trying to listen to the various sporting games as I ran one errand after another. Couldn't help but over hear their conversations at times and I had to chuckle when they were talking about what animal they would be. The girls wanted to be bunnies or squirrels while my boy proudly stated that he wanted to be a shark. "A shark," one of my girls asked. "Why would you ever want to be a shark?"

"Well," my son started, "they are the biggest kick ass animal on the planet. They'll attack anything. A sea lion, otter, surfer, it doesn't matter. Right before they hit whatever it is they're about to ruin, the shark's eyes roll up into his head and he quickens his pace so that he is speeding up and through his prey. There really is no better animal with an attacking ability like that."

As the girls protested and leveled their 'disgustings' his way, I quietly reached back and patted his knee. Dad couldn't have agreed more or been prouder.

Anyway, thanks for reading and always keep your eyes open for I may just be rolling my eyes up on you.

The VoMonster

No comments: