Friday, October 26, 2007

Newby in the House



Well, here goes nothing. Obviously inspired by Johnny GoFast, a cat 4 rider of extraordinary success, I dive headlong into the abyss called blogging. Don't know if I will have much to say or if anyone will find my writing to be interesting. But like everything, what you have to say has little baring on to how I behave. It's like being called out for attacking a no attack ride. Something I am happy to say I do with a frequency that makes people seriously think I'm insane. Who was it that said it's not so bad if they think you're a little insane? I think it was Nolan Ryan but it could have been Hitler. The point is, if I patrol the front of the peloton, I'm a flight risk. Not like some of those pussies on teams I will not mention that tend to solo off the back and make it stick. When I go, I'm gone. Kind of like this blog I hope.

Anyway, a little bit about myself. I'm married and have three children. I live in Danville in a beautiful area. I was gracious enough recently to open my house to the whole Pegasaurus Racing Team, of which I'm a member, for our annual party. I played lacrosse at UC Davis because I was too much of a wimp to join the rowing team. A lot of people ask me who my favorite lacrosse player of all time is so I'll spare you that inquiry and answer right now. Most would guess Jim Brown or Tony Dorsett but really it is Ozstriker from the American Pie movies. He is the best I've ever seen. I love to ride my bike. I do the House of Pain ride a lot and I usually put in my first attack on the rollers going out Highland. After that, I launch at any moment until there is nothing left. Some times I have the legs and sometimes a have to push my bike back to Danville having been shot off the back. I would rather die than suck wheel. But that's just me. Anyway, enough about me, what about you? Wait, that won't work. Again, new to this whole thing.

Thanks for diving in with me. I'll be back later with more.

The VoMonster

1 comment:

Johnny GoFast said...

Hey Mike-
Welcome to the great time waster. Good post and good luck to you going forward.